Is it Capital Works or Improvements or

Repairs and Maintenance Work?

It is highly recommended that you seek advice from your Tax Advisor or Accountant before embarking on works on a recently acquired residential investment property.

From the lender’s perspective, they like to know about the advice you were given to ensure there will be no nasty surprises from the Australian Taxation Office. This may require extra loan funds, or different treatment of your taxation returns and earning capacity.

Otherwise borrowing for these purposes are treated along the same lines as construction loans.

Glenn N Gough, DipFMBM, MFAA (CA), MIPA, C.dec, is a credit representative 390993 of BLSSA Pty Ltd, ACN 117 651 760 (Australian Licence 391237)

Copyright © Gough Group Financial Services 2020 - Updated 31/07/2020

Proudly designed by Webcodes Designs